We are hiring in Juntos for a new organizer and that person may be you. Please send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 10, 2016. Job description below.
Juntos’ organizer will continue to build our human rights campaigns through broad based coalition building and leadership development of leaders in the committees of the organization.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- Flexible schedule; some nights and weekends.
- Willingness to interpret and translate both Spanish and English materials, written and oral.
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community members and organization leaders.
- Experience with recruitment and outreach skills.
- Experience with group facilitation and popular education techniques in running and designing interactive workshops in both Spanish and English, including team building activities and engaging dialogue.
- Experience working with communities from diverse ethnic and class backgrounds.
- Understanding of the issues impacting immigrants at the local, state and national level.
- Experience in planning and executing events, workshops, actions, and trips.
- Experience developing leadership of others.
- Good writing and communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- Working with leaders and members of Juntos’ committees on leadership development as well as overseeing the development and implementation the main campaigns in Juntos including immigration, deportation defense and education.
- Using Juntos’ curriculum as well as designing workshops to train members and leaders on leadership skills, immigration policy, and know your rights.
- Facilitating and leading meetings with membership on a weekly basis
- Attendance at relevant coalition meetings as needed.
- Building relationships with leaders.
- Assistance with maintaining Juntos’ office and regular office hours.
- Ongoing and consistent communication with Juntos’ staff and director.
- Assisting the staff in Juntos with outreach, media relations, and communications.
- Bi-cultural and/or from the community.
- Understanding of direct action organizing.
- Campaign-based organizing experience.
- Multiracial coalition building work experience.