APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSING FEBRUARY 8, 2020.
The Juntos Board is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization’s work in the immigrant rights movement locally and nationally.
The Executive Director will have the opportunity to drive the vital work of an organization that is well-respected in the national immigrant rights movement and also deeply grounded in the South Philadelphia Latinx community. The right candidate will bring their unique skill set and vision to lead the organization into the next phase of social justice work, organizational development, and sustainability. The Executive Director will work closely with Juntos staff, the Board of Directors, community leaders, supporters, and coalition partners. The salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience, and excellent healthcare benefits and PTO will be provided. Immigrants, people of color, women, and LGBTQIA individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills and qualities under consideration include:
- A strong sense of social justice and a dedicated commitment to the fight for immigrant rights.
- 5 to 10 years of administrative or organizing experience working for organizations committed to immigrant rights and social justice.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in leadership roles that involve personnel and budget management, as well as experience with fundraising, grant writing, and grants management.
- Experience developing, running, and winning campaigns (including immigrant rights, political, labor rights, criminal justice, or other social justice campaigns).
- Knowledge of the current policy and political challenges facing immigrants in the United States.
- Experience training and developing staff and volunteer leaders, and a commitment to building multi-generational leadership pipelines.
- Ability to work in coalition with community organizations as well as business and political leaders.
- Self-driven, flexible, willing to work long hours and weekends as required.
- Must be English and Spanish bilingual.
Details at a glance
- On-site location
- Full time schedule
Excellent healthcare benefits and PTO.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be English and Spanish bilingual at a minimum.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should apply by submitting a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please submit these documents in Word or PDF format as an email attachment. Additional questions should be sent to the same email address with attention to the Juntos Board of Directors. Applications will be accepted until February 8, 2020.