The Juntos Lead Organizer will serve our community’s human rights and immigration campaigns through the leadership development of Juntos’ community members, the support and expansion of our broad-based coalition work, and the development and execution of campaigns on a local and national level. The core of the Lead Organizer’s work will center around criminalization and immigration issues and, over the next few months, highlighting how these issues are compounded by the current Coronavirus pandemic. A qualified applicant will have three to six years experience in organizing and social justice campaign work, a critical understanding of the crimmigration system and its impact, as well as strong local ties.
Note: In times of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have reimagined the Lead Organizer position at Juntos to be a remote working position with several aspects of the role happening virtually. Designed to be a senior staff position within the organization, the Lead Organizer will be one of the first staff members to return to the office along with the Executive Director when the current public health situation is alleviated.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English in both reading and writing
- Willingness to interpret and translate both Spanish and English materials, written and oral
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Willingness and ability to build and maintain relationships with community members, organization leaders, and coalition members
- Experience with recruitment and outreach skills
- Experience with workshop and group meeting facilitation in Spanish and English
- Experience working with communities from diverse ethnic and class backgrounds
- Understanding of the issues impacting immigrants at the local, state, and national level and of the policy issues involved in reforming the national immigration system
- Experience and/or willingness to plan and execute virtual meet-ups, workshops, and actions
- Experience developing leadership of others
- Willingness to develop and share information on our campaigns, coalition work, and community virtual meet-ups via social media channels and our text messaging service
- Ability to support our Executive Director on campaigns and coalition work
- Flexible schedule and currently a remote working position.
- Plan and execute a weekly leadership development meeting with Juntos’ community members and hold one-on-one meetings with members on a regular basis (Virtual until further notice)
- Build a larger base by holding public and accessible social justice workshops and events twice every month, to be open to the wider community (Virtual until further notice)
- Support and expand our coalition work by attending group and organizational coalition meetings and holding one-on-ones with organization leaders and coalition members (Virtual until further notice)
- Serve as liaison and support person for Juntos Executive Director as requested
- Willingness to research and consolidate information regarding legislation and current events related to human rights and immigration rights and to develop policy and/or organizational messaging
- Willingness to support the organization’s social media presence as needed in areas related to organizational campaigns, coalition-based work, and virtual community-meet ups or workshops
- Build and support local campaigns such as the Juntos’ Community Resistance Zones while also sustaining coalition work on a regional and national level
- Utilize and expand upon existing Juntos curriculum and Know Your Rights resources
Full-time, excellent healthcare benefits provided, and PTO. Partial cell phone reimbursement provided.
Starting salary of 45K, commensurate with experience. This is a salaried exempt position and requires work on nights and weekends. Individuals impacted by Coronavirus pandemic job loss welcome to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish and English, reading and writing with translation ability
Physical office located 600 Washington Ave, 2nd Fl, Unit 18UA, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Position is remote until transition to office deemed responsible and necessary by senior staff and Juntos board.
How to Apply
Submit a detailed cover letter outlining your vision and qualifications for the position along with an updated resume in an email to email@example.com with “Lead Organizer” as the email subject. Applications close on April 22, 2020. No phone calls.